Saturday, November 15, 2014

Creative fun

The past couple weeks have been riddled with fun, creativity and illness. Which of course means the house work was put on the back burner...oops! One of the fun things we made were bird feeders. This one is just a toilet paper roll covered in honey and birdseed. BB had fun helping me sprinkle on the birdseed. 
We also made a milk carton one with holes cut in both sides and a stick to stand on. This one was mostly mommy, but BB did help fill it up. 
And lastly, half an egg carton filled with birdseed. 
She's becoming quite the excellent helper! 
Then it was time to create something for our new American friends' little girl who turned 2! She is such a fun little girl and BB has really taken a liking to her. But I was stumped on what you buy a 2 year old, so I decided to give felt food a try. 
I was quite proud of my creations. A couple apples, a bunch of grapes, a banana that you can peel, some potatoes and some carrots. I even made the basket! It wa so difficult to choose what to make, the possibilities are endless...and it's rather addicting. 
And made me want to make lots of them for BB. But where would she cook them and serve them up?! So of course first I had to make her a little kitchen. The only thing I bought was some paint (which we'll use for more fun later). We had a little shelf that all her toys were on so I just used that and a couple boxes to create an oven and a pantry/fridge. 
I painted on the burners and glued on some knobs. Voila! A kitchen is made! Now I just have to make some food to go in it...
Halloween was a huge success for us. BB made the cutest cupcake, and rocked it all day. 
Halloween is not a big thing here, there are a few people who participate but nothing like back home. So rather than find a neighborhood passing out candy we decided to go "reverse trick or treating" around to all the med students. They were all hard at work studying, but were more than willing to take a short break so BBcould hand out candy. 
 I'm pretty sure this will be the only time we will be able to hand her a bucket full of candy and convince her to give it all away. She really is a sweetheart.
But don't worry, she got her sugar fix at the birthday party. And she wore the giant backpack nearly the entire time. 
And what better way to spend an afternoon than playing at the beach and splash pad in the middle of the city! We love our Brissy friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment