Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Good Ol' US of A

We made it! 30 hours, 3 planes and some 10 thousand odd km is all it took to get back home. Just a short trip.
We started our trip in good spirits. 

Lounged around and enjoyed a mimosa and some apple juice with our light breakfast. I love these member lounges (and that dad can get me in!).
For the first flight BB was asleep by takeoff. She slept a bit, woke up, got bored and ate then got grumpy. I can't blame her, plane trips are no fun when you can't run around.
Air New Zealand's safety briefing video is kind of funny...it's Bear Grylls acting everything out in the wild.
Bye bye beautiful brisbane!
The second flight wasn't too bad. She fought me when she needed to go to sleep, and wouldn't let me move her to the bassinet. But she slept most of the long flight and I of course couldn't sleep.
Our seat had an extra little ledge that was perfect for her to sit on. Though most of the time she preferred me more.
Bb had some fun wearing the eye mask and even wore the headphones for awhile too.
Arizona reminded me that although it's a concrete desert jungle, it has some of the prettiest sunsets.
We found HB's mini-Oreo gift had arrived. It was a very delicious mini-Oreo, though the packaging was a bit excessive.
So far I've marked a few things off my "do in the US" list. I had some yellow cheese, ate lots of Mexican food, and I drove on the right side of the road. I'll probably eat a lot more Ritos while I'm here! It's been great so far and we're only a day in. Can't wait to meet up with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment